Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pat the Prophet?

It is 12:15. I can't sleep. I just watched a great basketball game between UNC and Ga. Tech. Heels win by one.
I am also waiting on the snow!

Mark Marshall prayed for snow a few days ago so it will probably be 90 degrees tomorrow.








While browsing blogs I came across this great post by one of my favorite theologians: c michael patton

Here is his web page: www.reclaimingthemind.org
Here is his post on Pat Robertson's prophecy for 08-- Hope you get a kick out of it like I did.

In what is becoming a rather embarrassing annual occurrence, Pat Robertson makes his prediction for 2008. It would seem that the Lord has informed him of an immanent stock market crash that is scheduled for this year. Oil will reach $150 a barrel. As well, because of the crash, in the chaos, many people will seek the Lord. “We will see the presence of angels and we will see an intensification of miracles around the world.”

According to Robertson, he receives these revelations from the Lord as the Lord speaks to him during prayer.

Here is a quick review of some of his previous prophetic revelations over the last decade or so:

1980: The USSR will invade the Middle East

1981: There will be a global economic collapse.

1998: Because Orlando city officials approved the celebration of the Gay Days events at Disney World, Robertson said, ““I don’t think I’d be waving those flags in God’s face if I were you. … [A] condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It’ll bring about terrorist bombs, it’ll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor”

2004: President Bush will “easily” win the election in a “blowout.”

2005: President Bush will have Social Security and tax reform passed and that Muslims will turn to Jesus Christ.

2006: Storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America’s coastline.

2007: A terrorist attack on the United States would result in “mass killing” late in 2007. “I’m not necessarily saying it’s going to be nuclear,” he said during his news-and-talk television show “The 700 Club” on the Christian Broadcasting Network. “The Lord didn’t say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.”

Concerning last year’s mishap Robertson responds, “All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us.” Concerning Bush’s social security reform, Robertson said, “I have a relatively good track record. Sometimes I miss.”

Ummm . . . I am not with him. His title of “Evangelical” is different than mine. Nice guy, probably loves the Lord, but I don’t know where he is getting his information.

I guess that we can take comfort that this year will not be a time of financial doom?

No comments: