Monday, October 26, 2009

Ginyard spills the beans about Dook



Tar Heels' senior guard Marcus Ginyard, coming off an injury-filled season that caused him to redshirt during last year's national championship run, recently sat down with Athlon magazine for a question-and-answer session.
When asked about the rivalry with Duke, Ginyard went off the script that UNC players usually follow and offered some real feelings about the school just a few miles to the east.
“I have a strong dislike for Duke and the way they play,” was Ginyard's opening salvo. “Overall, as a general statement, I just don't like Duke and their program and the way they play.
“There are some players that I don't mind, that I feel like are good, tough players. But I feel like there are a lot of their players who are kind of shady and not quite such great players.
“They kind of – I mean, they walk the line. A lot of their players walk the line between a good, tough player and like a little shady, dirty…I have a strong dislike for most of the players who play at Duke. There are a few players who play at Duke who I respect as straight-up, tough, talented basketball players.
“There's no doubt those guys play hard. I just think there's certain things you shouldn't do. I just think sportsmanship should always be up there on the list and just respect for the game and for the other team.
“I think you play hard, you can play physical and you can play tough without being dirty, without flopping and making it - I mean, I just think that makes for a dangerous game sometimes when you're not playing respectfully and with sportsmanship.”
(www.citizen-times.com)

No comments: