Sunday, November 18, 2007

America's Teams



Dallas 28 Deadskins 23

What a great Sunday for Sports fans of America's Teams. I am talking about the 2 teams that inspire us to do more and be more as people. Yes I am talking about the Cowboys and the Tar Heels.

How 'bout them Cowboys! The Redskins didn't know what hit them. It's easy to beat the Jets but when you come to Big D things change, this is the big leagues. Joe Gibbs was great in the 80's but so was Micheal Jackson. It is time for Romo and the Boys to shine.

I want to thank Kenny Jones and Bobby Johnson for wearing your Deadskins ties to church this morning, please wear them next Sunday! This part of the post is dedicated to: Kenny Jones, Matt Johnson, Bobby Johnson, Andy Fox, Jeff Steele, Craig Hamlin...etc. And all other Deadskin fans. Go Cowboys!!






North Carolina 107 Iona 72
What a great win for UNC! Iona, one of America's great basketball teams, succumbed to the greatness that is UNC. What a joy it is to be a 'Heel fan! America's Teams really showed out Sunday. Will you join me by showing your patriotism and wear Carolina or Cowboy blue tommorrow. God bless you and God bless America's Teams!!

3 comments:

Jeff A. Spry said...

Mirth! Merriment!

An assembly of game players, drawn from high schools from around the United States, now performing with matching "Tar Heel" themed uniforms, has outscored a highly-regarded opponent in an intercollegiate basketball contest!

Should I respond? Oh yes. I will respond, and I will respond with unfettered glee.

1) I'm going to purchase, then wear, university-themed, licensed sportswear!

2) I'm going to purchase and display a university-themed "car flag"!

3) I'm going to continue to link my own self-worth with this particular group of games-men, none of whom I actually know, and will refer to them as "we"!

4) I'm going to talk about what "we" did with sporty-type friends!

I hope we keep winning! Then, our coach, whom I don't know, can get a raise, and maybe our athletic director, whom I don't know, too! I'll be very proud if they can make more in yearly income than their equivalents at far-flung universities in Michigan or Florida!

I feel very good about ourselves about now! Imagine a NCAA tournament top seeding! We'll have a great time! I mean, I can't be there, but we can be there, and just to know that other people affiliated with the University I am arbitrarily affiliated with are paying to travel to view a competition like that -- woo!

The university's athletic department would financially profit by selling image-rights for the event! I'll be able to view the images through my home television set, and, in exchange, I'll happily also view messages from corporations who want all of my money! I may discover new needs, and patronize those corporations!

Adapted from elsewhere!

Jeff A. Spry said...

Be easy with me, Pastor! It was a rough weekend for the teams I choose to affiliate myself with:

Wolfpack football, Wolfpack basketball, the Steelers, and my fantasy football squad all stunk it up pretty bad.

Jamie Steele said...

Go New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!