Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Deacons Meeting!!

Last night at church we had our monthly Deacons meeting. For some Pastors this is a very difficult thing to go thru. Some pastors even, if I can use the word, "hate" to go to Deacons meetings. I don't. I work with some truly God-called gifted men. The Bible has some very high and difficult qualifications for Deacons and Elders in the Bible and you can look those up for yourself in 1 Timothy 3. Our men meet those and even go beyond. I am truly blessed to work with some great men and friends.

Some have asked: What really goes on at a Deacons Meeting? Everything is so confidential they say, it is almost like some secret society. Well for the first time ever I am going to break confidence and share some video footage of last nights Deacons Meeting!!! Kenny Jones is our new chairman of Deacons and just watch how he handles our meeting. Kenny you are awesome!!












These verses describe our men:

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it,.."


Thanks Guys for Standing in the Gap!

And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.” 10 So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. 12 But Moses’ hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. 13 So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
Exdus 17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I look good with long hair. You might just say these guys are a little crazy. Our deacons are crazy too. Crazy about JESUS, our church and our Pastor. We Love you Jamie Deacon Jones