Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Theology of George W. Bush

















Below is an article from the Christian Post. In this article Our President gives his odd views on the Bible, salvation and God's sovereignty. How can grown educated men be so ignorant of basic Bible truths. His views almost make him a heretic. What do you think?




In an interview with ABC's "Nightline" on Monday, the president also said he probably is not a literalist when reading the Bible although an individual can learn a great deal from it, including the New Testament teaching that God sent his only son.

Asked about creation and evolution, Bush said: "I think you can have both. I think evolution can — you're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president. But it's, I think that God created the earth, created the world; I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty and I don't think it's incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution."

He added, "I happen to believe that evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life."

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.

"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,'" Bush said.

"It is hard for me to justify or prove the mystery of the Almighty in my life," he said. "All I can just tell you is that I got back into religion and I quit drinking shortly thereafter and I asked for help. ... I was a one-step program guy."

The president also said that he prays to the same God as those with different religious beliefs.
"I do believe there is an almighty that is broad and big enough and loving enough that can encompass a lot of people," Bush said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't really want to know what I think.........I am just VERY proud to say I never voted for him! I think W won a lot of votes from people who thought he was a good Christian. I believe it's just a political stunt to get elected. I think a lot of people are starting to see thru it now.