Monday, November 1, 2010

Paranormal Activity 2- Patton



What I am pretty sure of:


I am pretty sure that all demons, including Satan, are beings that have been around from creation or before.

Although, it could be that only some of them have been around that long. Satan was in the Garden, but when did the rest “fall”?

I am pretty sure that they cannot enter into a believer.I know that this will shock some people that I don’t have this under “what I know.” While it seems odd that the presence of a demon and the presence of the Holy Spirit could be in the same habitation, I am only pretty sure of this and for different reasons. 1) The type of “possession” that a demon would take is fundamentally different from the type of possession that the Holy Spirit would take. I don’t believe that the Holy Spirit ontologically indwells believer, while this must be the case when someone “has a demon” (biblical language for demonization). 2) “Demonization” could simply be a matter of degree describing how much control that they have of a person. Not sure it is a black and white issue. Enough on that…

I am pretty sure that most demons are aware of their eventual fate (Luke 8:31)

Though I may be misunderstanding the way “abyss” is being used.

I am pretty sure that there is some sense in which Satan is the “ruler of this world” (Jn. 14:30; 16:11; 2Cor 4:4; Eph. 2:2; 1 Jn 5:19).

I don’t know how to process this though.

I am pretty sure that angels and demons don’t procreate (Matt. 22:30)

Therefore, there is not really a species called “angels” or “demons” in the proper sense. They were all created individually and have no “blood” relation to each other. Each individual angel or demon is its own species, if you will. While they may be alike in many ways, it is not because of genetics!

Part 2

No comments: