Monday, July 21, 2008

Abortion and our next President #2

Many say McCain flip flops on abortion. USA Today said this about McCain's abortion record:

On "partial-birth" abortion
McCain voted in 2003 for a bill that banned a late-term abortion procedure opponents call "partial-birth" abortion. The Supreme Court upheld the ban in April.

On other issues
In 2006, McCain voted to make it a federal crime for anyone other than a parent to accompany a minor across state lines to get an abortion. The bill did not become law.
The National Right to Life Committee, which opposes abortion rights, said McCain voted 75% of the time with the group's interests in 2005 and 2006. Planned Parenthood, which supports abortion rights, said McCain never voted with the group's interests in 2006.

Below are some of his comments on Meet the Press.



Would McCain, as President, stand by his promises on abortion or would he be do what most Republican Presidents do, kiss the hand of the religious right until voted in then hide them in the closet until the next election and never address their concerns, mainly abortion. I have my doubts. What about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I really do have my doubts too. Everyone says vote, no matter what the candidate stands for because that is our right. Somehow, sometimes it just doesn't feel "right" to exercise my "rights"! I'm just not sure I can vote for any candidate this year and be somewhat responsible for what they do. I know God allows people to be in certain positions for certain reasons and all, but, do I want to help bring judgment on my family, friends and nation? I just really don't know sometimes..... what do you think?

Jamie Steele said...

i agree David. We have put ourselves in a mess these next 4 years!!!!!!