Friday, April 4, 2008

Do you Tithe?



Dave Ramsey said this about tithing: “If all Christians tithed there would be no more welfare in North America. In 90 days there would be no more existing church or hospital debt. In the next 90 days the entire world could be evangelized. There would be prayer in schools because Christians would buy all the schools.”

Everybody Loves Raymond's Patricia Heaton is a double Emmy award-winning actress, who has reportedly been pulling down over $6 million a year said this about tithing
“I struggle to keep it simple. Obedience, sacrifice, and modesty are not real popular buzzwords out here. An issue I'm dealing with lately is, "Do I have too much money, and am I being a good steward of it?" In fact, I was talking to a friend about tithing—just giving your 10 percent as opposed to giving until it actually starts costing you something, which is what I think tithing is all about.

God said this " 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the LORD of hosts,

“ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi 3:10

No comments: