Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Mother's Influence: Famous People

"It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew... I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her."- Charles Chaplin

"My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back."- Denzel Washington

"My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier you'll be a general; if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."- Pablo Picasso

"The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother."- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children's character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother's nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother's hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny."- E.W. Caswell

No comments: