Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Mother's Influence: Former Presidents

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." - Abraham Lincoln

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."- Abraham Lincoln

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."- George Washington

"There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way."- Andrew Jackson

“From my mother I learned the value of prayer, how to have dreams and believe I could make them come true.”—Ronald Reagan

In 1914, when Lyndon Johnson was in the first grade in the Hill Country of Texas, he was asked to read a poem to his classmates and their parents. The poem he chose was "I'd Rather Be Mama's Boy."

No comments: