Friday, May 9, 2008

When a Man Loves a Woman Part 2

In this video Jimmy talks about building self esteem in your spouse.
Two ways to do this: Time and Words.

In the Song of Solomon the Shulamite woman seems to have low self-esteem until Solomon speaks of her beauty and it builds her up as the Song goes on.


The woman:
6 Do not stare at me because I am dark,
because I am darkened by the sun.
My mother's sons were angry with me
and made me take care of the vineyards;
my own vineyard I have neglected.


Solomon replys:
9 I liken you, my darling, to a mare
harnessed to one of the chariots of Pharaoh.
10 Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings,
your neck with strings of jewels.
15 How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes are doves. Song of Solomon 1


He calls her a horse! How romantic. But in those days it was very uplifting to say this to a woman. Find out why Sunday!

No comments: