Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Here is my first blog from the other page"

Hello! This is a trial run at blogging. I would like to know who is out there.

I want to comment on the Jason Ray story on ESPN. He was the mascot for the UNC athletic program, who died after being hit by a car in New Jersey during the Elite Eight this past March while the Heels were playing in the NCAA Tourney.Here is a great web adress detailing his life and death: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=rayofhope

Jason in death gave life to others. Can anything be more Christ-like. In all, about 80 people have received an organ or tissue from Ray. He loved the Lord in Life and Death....
How is your life impacting others? What type of leagcy are you going to leave? In an age of me first Christianity it is great to see a young man who thought of others.



His story made me think of how I will be remembered and what difference is my life making for the Kingdom. As Christians we have the ability, with God's help, to not just improve lives but change eternities... No sacrifice is to great to make for Jesus.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." John 12:24

2 comments:

Jeff A. Spry said...

Wow, Jamie. That is quite the eclectic group of blogs you read: Perry Noble, Tony Morgan, Steven Furtick alongside John Piper, Phil Johnson and Al Mohler.

How do you balance the divergent and often contradictory views found on these pages?

Jamie Steele said...

Just trying to expand my theological side with my fuzzy feel good want to see my church grow regardless of doctrine side!!!
HA! HA!