Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rentz Johnson Update




As many of you know, Rentz has been battling a very serious life threatening illness for the past few months. I personally want to Thank You for the prayers and support you have showered on this family. Rentz and Amy are very good friends of mine and it hurts me to see them go thru this, but (and there is always a but with God) God is so much bigger than our circumstances and He will and has used this for good. Rentz is at home and doing better. He said he really misses the Church and wants to Thank you all for everything.

I wanted to show some pictures of Rentz in the Philippines doing "Mission Work"-
-These are from 2005 trip (they are the only ones i have)




(Rentz is sharing his testimony on "The Isalnd"- with June translating)





I call this picture "Job Done"- This was taken after we did a medical clinic and played the locals in Basketball (110% at least) -- we lost but I think they cheated!
It was so Hot Satan was seated in the stands with a Duke T-shirt on (he is a Duke fan you know) fanning himself!!


Lifeguards on duty!! (We have both lost 100's of pounds since this picture!) They said many sharks were in the water but Rentz and I are so secure in our salvation and the sovereignty of God we just floated above them!
This Mission Trip was life-changing for me and I will do a few post about it later but as you can see, nothing is better than serving the Lord across the World with Friends.

Rentz, I love you buddy and I am praying for you to get better so we can fight more sharks together.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Jamie,
Thanks for the update on Rentz. We are so thankful for his homecoming. I am sure that Amy and their children are glad to have him home. What an awesome God we serve.
Oh and by the way, I love that you have Duke Blue as the color we first see on your blog. It's okay Bobby, you can stay in the closet. It will be our little secret!!!!

Jamie Steele said...

HA! Very funny.