Sunday, October 28, 2007

Running

I am seriously thinking about running the half marathon in Myrtle Beach in Feb. I am out of shape right now. 3 weeks ago I ran 10miles in 1hr 50mins. Since, I have only run once or twice. Its not that I am lazy or just don't have time. Every time I run I have the same problem. It has been a secret until now. This person has come forward to help me with my problem. He has given me the courage to come out and tell the world why I don't run as much anymore. Watch this video and see if you can identify "our problem"..





I scare people when I run!!! Is it my Carolina Blue Superman T-shirt, is it my military/state trooper haircut, or could it be my 5'8" 190lbs muscular build. Maybe it is my extreme heavy breathing (like a person with sleep apnea). Or could it be my singing. I run with an ipod shuffle and I just sing as loud as I can when I Run. For whatever reason, when I sing, this always happens: Dogs howl (i mean like they are in pain) the cows just run and don't look back, cars on Alspaugh Dam Rd. do U-turns and go the opposite direction, my neighbors cover their ears and throw things in my direction. But all this could be just coincidence, I mean people threw things at Elvis when he "sang". Micheal Jr. I feel your pain.

God Bless and yall pray fer us!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Jamie,
Bless your little heart! I wish you luck in your marathon! Don't be so hard on yourself! Chances are it has nothing to do with your imaginary physique, hair or lack there of, or your singing. I could bet ya that it is that UGLY carolina shirt that is so frightening. I am sure they wonder, what in the world is wrong with that guy. Seems nice, loves the Lord and has a great family. But why in the world does he have such horrible taste in a team that are a bunch of cry babies!!!!!! If he could love that team then he is probably capable of anything! :)