Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What Scares You?

It is Halloween. This got me to thinking: What scares you?
When I was younger the dark scared me, Micheal Myers scared me, snakes scared me (still do), staying at home alone scared me, preachers that yelled scared me, bluegrass music scared me (still does), encyclopedia salesmen scared me, KISS scared me, Hell scared me, poverty scared me, the Cold War scared me, the Sky Lab falling scared me (remember that), mullets scared me, Tornadoes scared me, plaid pants scared me, Family Dollar scared me (i always got shoes from Family "D"- i didn't know this wasn't cool until 4Th grade Sugar Loaf) , Mom with a switch scared me, the aggressive, humanoid creatures called Sleestaks on Land of the Lost scared me.

It wasn't that I was scared at everything just some things are scary.

Now only a few things scare me.. Here they are:

This really scares me:



(just looks mean and scary)













Mark Marshall playing Basketball scares me:


(he never passes the ball and thinks he is very good-- this is scary!)





Also, failing my heavenly Father, my wife and my children scares me. But with God's grace we will prevail.

Remember:
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2Timothy 1:7

No comments: